It’s time for another Food Friday and today it’s one of our all time favourites – the buckwheat and butternut squash salad is full of goodness and tastes absolutely delicious!
- Around 1kg butternut squash
- 2 red onions
- 1 red pepper
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 bags of buckwheat
- 200g feta cheese
- Cherry Tomatoes (optional)
- Salt, Pepper, Thyme, Rosemary
- Rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Cook the buckwheat and leave to cool
2. Peel the butternut squash and cut into small pieces. Peel the onion and cut into quarters. Cut the pepper in half. Cut off the tip of the garlic head.
3. Put everything out onto a baking tray and drizzle with rapeseed oil. Lightly season with salt, thyme and a little rosemary. Place in a preheated oven (180 degrees), and bake until the vegetables are soft. (Usually all the veggies bake at the same time but if you use a different kind of pumpkin it is best to check and remove from the oven the ones which are already soft whilst the rest soften up!). After baking it’s good to remove the skin from the pepper.
4. Combine the baked vegetables (without the garlic) with the cooked buckwheat and crumble in some feta cheese. Add cherry tomatoes (optional). Drizzle with your favourite sauce – our favourite is a mix of sesame oil, honey and balsamic vinegar.
All recipes and photos are provided to us courtesy of Polish food blog www.ugotujmyto.pl