A super delicious meat free cutlet These are incredibly delicious hot or cold!
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Small bunch of dill (can be frozen)
- 2 eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- Cumin crumbs (optional)
- Dry bread crumbs
- Rapeseed oil
1. Divide the cauliflower in to small pieces, wash and gently cook in lightly salted water until soft (but make sure it’s not falling apart, only soft enough to pierce with a fork!). Drain and leave to cool off.
2. Peel and finely chop the onion. Peel the garlic. Lightly fry the onion on 2-3 tablespoons of rapeseed oil and add the squeezed garlic, simmer for 2-3 minutes. Leave to cool off.
3. Crush the cauliflower with a fork. Add the fried onion / garlic, without the oil, as well as washed and chopped dill and 2 eggs. Season with salt and pepper and a little bit of cumin crumbs (increases the flavour a lot!). Add a few tablespoons of breadcrumbs (5-6 to begin with) and mix!
4. Depending on the consistency, you can add more bread crumbs until you can form the cutlets. It’s good to put the mixture in the fridge for half an hour. Once they are formed into cutlets, roll in bread crumbs and fry on a medium heat, so they don’t burn, until golden. After frying, put the out onto some paper towels, to soak up the excess oil!
Please note all recipes and photos are provided courtesy of Polish food blog www.ugotujmyto.pl