A delicious and healthy recipe if you’re bored of usual sandwich fillers – a sunflower spread!
1-1.5 cups of dry sunflower seeds
10-15 dried tomatoes in olive oil
1 bunch of green parsley / or a few basil leaves
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Spices such as cayenne / hot pepper
½ teaspoon smoked dried peppers
Clove of garlic (optional)
- Pour cold water over the sunflower seeds, cover and leave overnight.
- Drain and mix using a blender.
- Peel and chop the onion, and fry until soft in olive oil with sun-dried tomatoes (or regular). Leave to cool.
- Take the dried tomatoes, rinsed parsley or basil, fried onions, spices, olive oil and the crushed garlic, and mix using a blender.
- Combine the mixture with the blended sunflower seeds.
All photography and recipes courtesy of Polish food blog ugotujmyto.pl