I personally love sweet potatoes and they are the totally packed full of nutrients , and coconut milk is zoo yummy! So this sweet potato soup with coconut milk and lime is amazing! And super simple too! Check it out…
- 1kg sweet potato
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A piece of fresh ginger, of half a teaspoon of ground ginger
- 400ml of coconut milk
- 1 lime (grate zest and squeeze the juice separately)
- 1 litre of vegetable broth
- Salt and Pepper
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Oil for frying
1. Peel the onions, garlic and fresh ginger. Cut the onion into large cubes and the garlic and ginger into slices.
2. In a large saucepan, heat up the oil and add the onion, garlic, lime zest, ginger and chilli flakes (if you’re using these). Fry for a few minutes, stirring frequently so nothing burns – until the onion is tender. Add peeled and slices sweet potatoes and cook everything together for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the broth, coconut milk and lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Cook everything on low heat until the sweet potatoes turn soft. Mix everything in a blender. Serve drizzled with olive oil and with some freshly baked bread.
Recipe provided to us courtesy of Polish food blog www.ugotujmyto.pl